Living on your own has a lot of perks but it also comes with a lot of disadvantages. Keeping your place clean is an act of self-care that can indeed be neglected more than you can imagine, especially after a long shift when you just want to lie down and watch something on tv. If you’re struggling with keeping your apartment tidy, here are a few tips for you!
- Sweep the floors regularly. Okay, I know nobody likes to do this chore, however, this task will only take you 10 minutes tops and it will make your place look and feel so much better.
- Put everything away after using it. As simple as that sounds, it will help your apartment not feel cluttered all the time.
- Clean your dishes after using them. Doing your dishes will only take you five minutes and it will make your kitchen look spotless, there’s nothing like waking up to a clean sink.
- Make your bed every day. Waking up is extremely difficult, we all have been there, but making your bed every morning will not only change your mindset for the day but also make you crave the moment you lay down in your nicely done bed.
- Take your trash out every day. Having to close the garbage bag and carry it all the way to the garbage chute can be gross but at least you won’t have all that trash in your house.
- Use the 15-minute rule. If you’re feeling lazy, there is no need to do an extreme cleaning, you can set a 15 minute timer on your phone and start cleaning or putting away as much as you can in that time. It might sound like there is nothing that can be done in such little time but the results might surprise you.
- Use organizers. Having everything all over the place can make your house look messy. Buy organizers to avoid this. They will make your place look tidier than ever and you might even find some cute ones that add to the decoration of your place!
Being in charge of a home, especially for the first time, can be hard but don’t let yourself get frustrated! These are just a few of the many simple and quick ways to make your place look spotless!